Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cubestormer: rubik cube solving robot

Here is a robot that can solve rubik cube in less than 12 seconds. This robot is built from lego mindstorm kits. The speed at which it solves the cube is pretty amazing. I think having 4 arms to hold and twist the cube is really smart idea that will help in solving the cube quickly overcoming the mechanical speed limitations.



I have worked with lego mindstorm kit when I was doing my masters. It was great fun. We could replace the default firmware on the controller with a firmware which can be programmed in C/C++ language. I forgot the details, but I think we used the legOS firmware and a cross compiler for esterel. It was a simple project. We did a light seeking robot and a line tracing robot. I will write about it some other time.

No comments: