Wednesday, September 10, 2008

HTC Diamond: Rotate the phone to lock and unlock

HTC Diamond is one the new mobile handsets from HTC. Few people are aware the HTC is the actual manufracturer behind popular brands like O2, Imate, Dopod etc. Now HTC has entered the market directly. It is brining out interesting models with innovative new features. The cube technology in the HTC touch is a challenger for iphone. Though I personally am not impressed with the cube feature, its pretty good. It does not have multi touch capability. May be I am biased because I am an iphone user. 

Anyway, coming to the main point, the new model of HTC touch which is named "Diamond", has a host of interesting features. Its fast. Its supports touch gestures (but still single touch). One of the features that I feel stands out of the lot is the way the screen can be locked and unlocked. You just rotate the phone to lock the screen. You rotate the phone on the other direction to unlock the screen. May be time taking but vey different. See this video for a demonstration

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This feature only worked about 1 or 2 times on my phone.. Not reliable.. only 1 out of 10 times I try

Unknown said...

I've shaken this thing to death.. that doesn't work either.

Unknown said...

This is really frustrating because now I'm discovering that this phone won't do what is on the video. I did get it to work once.. but I think the phone locked up.. crashed.. It didn't actually lock the phone. I've tried this many times.. I'm going to make a video of how this doesn't work. lol